Tragic Accident Representation
If you or your spouse is charged with a criminal act because of a serious traffic accident, a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will defend you in the court of original jurisdiction for the following charges:
• Involuntary manslaughter
• Vehicular homicide
• Negligent homicide
You and your spouse have 2.5 hours of legal help from a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney in each of the following situations:
• You are denied a driver’s license.
• Your driver’s license is cancelled, suspended, or revoked by the Department of Public Safety or Department of Motor Vehicles where a right to appeal is provided to you by statute.
• Assistance is needed to reinstate or maintain a driver’s license because of job-related or medical reasons.
• Defense of non criminal moving violations in the court of original jurisdiction.
• Defense by an attorney located through your Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Provider Law Firm.
• The attorney appointed for you is usually located in the area where you received the ticket.
Property Damage Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will help you or your spouse collect property damage claims of $2000 or less for damage as a result of driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat.
• Covers minor damage to your car or truck.
• You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per incident.
Personal Injury Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will help you or your spouse collect personal injury claims of $2000 or less for injuries resulting from driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat. You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per claim.
You can consult with the Provider Attorney about any points assessed against your record by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) pursuant to regulations of the FMCSA’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program. Plus, an attorney will handle a challenge of any assessed points at the Preferred Member discount rate.
All Other Transportation Related Legal Work
You and your spouse can receive this and any other transportation-related legal work not specifically covered by this plan at a 25% discount from the Provider Law Firm’s standard hourly rate. Members are responsible for paying court costs, fines and related fees
• Hazardous material
• Equipment violations
• Load spillage
• No placard
• Permit violations
• No medical card
• No insurance
• No motor carrier authority
CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
Use your membership number (found in your welcome email/letter) to set up your online account at accounts.legalshield.com
This becomes your portal to access membership benefits such as, updating account information, free forms and more!
IF YOU RECEIVE AVIOLATION
We make it a “Snap” to send your ticket to your Provider Law Firm using your mobile app.
Snap a picture within three business days after receiving the violation and submit the violation right to your law firm.
You can also call your Provider Law Firm right from your app or by dialing 1-800-634-2391
between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (holidays excluded)
SAVE WITH EXCLUSIVE MEMBERPERKS Hundreds of vendors offer thousands in discounts available only to you as a LegalShield member.
In many cases, you can save the cost of your membership—and beyond!
• Visit legalshield.perkspot.com/login.
• Login toyouraccount to access benefits.